|May 25, 2161|
Mission 14 takes place on May 25, 2161 and is part of the Frontier Operations campaign.
Briefing[edit | edit source]
OK, pay attention.
Our spies have located the nerve center of Coalition Warp Gate operations. The facility controls gate operations throughout this sector, along with holding much of the Coalition's fuel for Warp Gates across the system. The advanced Warp Gate located here serves as a hub for much ship movement. Loss of this base would severely hinder their ability to quickly move ships around.
The Tigers and Gamma wings will warp to a designated point close to the facility. The Tigers' first objective is to eliminate any sentry turrets and enemy fighters they may find on the outer perimeter. Reports are sketchy, but you will probably also encounter some heavier ships near the base. As always, we will keep you updated with objectives, as the picture becomes clearer.
Once the defenses have been smashed, Gamma wing will start their run and launch torpedoes on the facility and then rendezvous back with the Reliant. The Tigers will finish the job by taking out the advanced Warp Gate. Its four power cores must all be wrecked to ensure complete destruction
If we pull this off, it will be one huge blow to the Coalition.
Recommended loadout[edit | edit source]
- This mission is all about firepower and endurance, with little subtlety. The Patriot is an excellent and powerful choice, but you will will have plenty of success with heavier fighters as well - especially since you will face a few Kurgens.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Launch from the Reliant and wait for the clearance to warp out. Move out, wait for Gamma wing to detach and hang back, then jump out to the research facility. You will be flying into a world of hurt, including two Kurgens, four Haidars and four Karaks flying protection for the research facility. Wipe them out first, before moving on the research facility.
- However, do not clear the sentry turrets just yet. Fly over to the advanced warp gate instead, target the power cores, and attack them until you stop doing damage. This will greatly reduce the speed at which you can destroy them to complete the optional mission objective.
- Finish off the eight turrets at the research station. Then immediately look for Gamma and make a beeline for them, as a third Kurgen jumps in hot on their tail and they will not last long against the onslaught.
- Then you are ordered to finish off the advanced warp gate. If you weakened the power cores beforehand, you will be able to do it quickly - and if you act fast enough, you will shear the CS Krasny coming through the gate in half. If enough of the carrier makes it through, it will enter the area and release four Cossacs and four Laggs. Although the attack is called off, you can still finish the mission by wiping out the power cores.
- Return to the Reliant and land. If you destroyed the Krasny, you receive the Medal of Valor on top of a glowing assesment.
Outcomes[edit | edit source]
- Success+: Destroy the facility, gate, and CS Krasny.
- Success: Destroy the research base and warp gate.
- Partial success: Destroy the research base.
- Fail plus kickout: Gamma destroyed without destroying the base.