|Class 1 Carrier|
|Mass Ion Drive|
|No image yet|
CS Gegarin (KK Гага́рин) is a Coalition class 1 carrier in Starlancer.
Description[edit | edit source]
One of the largest Coalition carriers in the conflict, the Gegarin is used as base ship by the Sabers squadron. Commissioned alongside the Pukov and the Varyag, the Gegarin is one of the latest additions to the Coalition’s fleet and a powerful ship in its own right.
Encounters[edit | edit source]
- The ship is not encountered by the 45th during the campaign, but is destroyed in a joint operation by the Alliance forces on June 6, 2161. The Sabers are rebased to another carrier.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Gegarin was intended to be encountered and destroyed during the single player campaign. The untextured model remains in the game's files, indicating it was the same class as the Pukov and the Varyag. Furthermore, the following mission summaries are available:
- "The Tigers and Gamma wing launch a surprise attack on the CS Gegarin, a Class 1 carrier from the Coalition Forward Fleet. After engaging this ship with both fighter and torpedo attacks the two wings retreat to the Reliant, in order to lure the Gegarin and her support ships into pursuit."
- "The Reliant leads the Gegarin into the Kaiserlauden asteroid belt where the ANS Mitchell and her squadron, the Cougars, are lying in wait."
- Mission objectives also remain in the game's files:
- "Lure the CS Gegarin and its escort into pursuit of the Reliant"
- "Keep the fighters busy until the Mitchell can move into position"
- "Take out the Gegarin's fighter cover to allow the torpedo bombers to make their run"
- "Destroy the Gegarin's shield generator"
- "Protect the torpedo bombers on their approach run on the Gegarin"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Gegarin is named after Yuri Gagarin, the first human in space.